Powder room renovation

My powder room is very, very small. 4 feet by 6 feet if you stretch it a little.... so it was never a priority when we bought this house. I took out the horrible dangling ball lights, the gold mirror and the gold flecked cabinet... replaced them with builders grade crap and moved on.... until this year. I bought a new mirror... and door...and at that point...I wanted the rest of the room fixed. The walls, the ceiling, the fixtures...everything. So, for Christmas, my dear husband rebuilt my bathroom......

Before in all it's glory (with the new mirror and door)




zero storage so I had to use this ugly plastic thing...the cabinet had no storage due to the water pipes... 

I love the layers of old wallpaper under everything in this house... 


and now, the AFTER! 


shiplap walls painted white, with a natural bead board ceiling


The Mr. had to actually build this cabinet because of the size of the room...the counter is an old industrial floor.... 

I decided to continue the shelves over the new toilet...just less of them, with less things stored on them.


Two new doors that you can't see are here too....one is a french door with glass, the other is a very old salvaged door. 

I love this room now. There is plenty of storage for my cosmetics, it's clean, and now it's useful. 

Bonus, because we used so many salvaged items, and did the work ourselves...even with the faucet splurge ( which was 75 bucks marked down from 339) it cost around 300 bucks total to refresh this room..... not bad. Not bad at all. 


Comments

Popular Posts