DIY Dressing room... or as I call it...my new closet

We had a spare bedroom...but we really don't have overnight guests...and the room was TINY.  It was originally my sons nursery...then turned into an office...then a spare room with a sofa and bookshelves...but a year(ish) ago I asked my husband to take out the bookshelves and give me a closet rod instead.... I had been using a 3foot hall closet with no lights as my closet for 13 years...and I was tired of searching in the dark for my clothing.  At that point... my imagination took off..... My mood board for my dressing room was this

I posted it before. A year ago for mothers day I bought myself a cowhide...and decided to go all in at that point.... 

So here's the room as it stands now... It's not done... my closet has a closet that I am going to re do and put a small danish modern dressing table in it after I get some lights installed... but here is what I have now...

My husband found me the Plycraft chair at a thrift store for 25 dollars. The leather is intact...I just have the rug on it so the cats don't do something unforgivable. The mid century dresser came from the same thrift store a few months later... that was more...40 bucks. The Lamp on the dresser is a mid century Maurizio Tempestini for Laurel lamp.... the floor lamp and brass drum table by the chair I picked up on the second hand market... There's still a bit too much in the room...but I'm working on my minimalism... 


Comments

Popular Posts