Farmouse mid century style....

which, as luck would have it, is my style...or at least...what I am working forward to.  I have an old ranch style house that lends itself well to a combination of those two.... and I have three rooms that are shiplapped...so it makes sense.  A ranch house really can't be that stuffy... and with my family that just isn't an option.

In addition, we also sell furniture and decor items and our clients  want farmhouse rustic AND mid century modern (now with a few brutalist 70's pieces thrown in) so I end up having quite a few pieces in my house at any given time....

Two summers ago we decided to blow out our laundry room and replace it.... adding a bathroom along the way. This room was a late add on by someone with few skills.... I almost went through the wall on the left when I tripped over the dog - my foot got stuck in the wall... and when the roof developed a leak.... the ceiling in here was ruined... so after we replaced the roof ( FYI I LOVE my metal roof) my husband and his friend built me a new laundry room....

This was the 1/2 half the room... to the right beyond the door was a small area with a clothing rod and a small 2ft wide closet for paint and the cat litter. It has a door to the outside mud room. The room was about 12 feet long in both directions...and just wide enough for a small washer and dryer at the end.... where that picture is on the back wall was actually a window into the garage (? yea, I know) and the whole thing had a small....tilt to the right.

                                                                     Befores....





My husband  tore it all out and built me this.... 



Which turned into this.... 
Here is the new door to the main house... better than the old exterior door that was there... 


and the brand new bathroom area behind the laundry room...

It's still narrow, because that's what we had to work with...but it's just SO much better now... words fail me. 

Oh, this is the new Brasillia mirror on the way to the mudroom... under this mirror is a built in bench...and under the bench is where the kitties do their business now...and we don't have to see it anymore.... it's wonderful. We're replacing the door to the mudroom next....so there will be new pictures soon.... but first, he has to finish my powder room. 








Comments

Popular Posts